Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 16:35:51 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Rob Hunter <robh@uunet.co.za>
To:        rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SoundBlaster AWE64 Config problem

<snip>
> 	I'm having the same problem too... dmesg says that sbxvi0,
> sbmidi, opl0, awe0, and sb0 are not found. Should I make these devices?
> Do I need to for instance link midi to sbmidi?
> http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/awepnp-freebsd.txt dosen't say anything
> about this. :( I think what is really my problem though, boot.conf was
> not there before I made it, the instructions say to put load -userconfig
> etc BEFORE autoboot... I can't seem to find anything on boot.conf....:(
</snip?

This is what I had to do to get mine working (3.1-RELEASE recently taken
up to 3.1-STABLE)

Kernel changes:

controller      pnp0
controller      snd0
device          sb0     at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 1 vector sbintr
device          sbxvi0  at isa? drq 5
device          sbmidi0 at isa? port 0x330
device          awe0    at isa? port 0x620
device          opl0    at isa? port 0x388

[root@sticky] /boot# less boot.conf
load kernel
load -t userconfig_script /boot/kernel.conf

[root@sticky] /boot# less kernel.conf
pnp 1 0 os enable port0 0x220 irq0 5 drq0 1 drq1 5 port1 0x330 port2 0x388
pnp 1 1 os enable port0 0x201
pnp 1 2 os enable port0 0x620 port1 0xa20 port2 0xe20

--Rob