Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 1996 17:29:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nick Johnson <spatula@gulf.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Yikes!

Something went badly wrong during a power failure today, and when I boot
up now, I get a whole list of things that are not found, including things
like compressnet, daytime, chargen, etc.  I suspect a file or two have
gotten destroyed because of the outage, but I have no idea what file(s)
to acquire and replace.  I am able to use the system because it
eventually stops at an ftp> prompt, which I can shell escape from.

  Also- is there a way to get a log of the last bootup?

  Please reply via private e-mail, as I don't subscribe to the list.

   Nick

--
|_| \_|_|\___|_|\_\  http://www.gulf.net/~spatula/linux/  (linux resources)