Date:      Mon, 05 Feb 2001 09:58:59 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   TGA Console and Alpha perfmon

In one of the regular "why can't I use a TGA as a console" threads,
mention was made that the necessary information to actually write
a driver is now available.  Does anyone have a URL?

On a totally separate issue, has anyone looked at implementing hooks
to use the performance monitoring facilities in the CPUs?  I realise
that one problem is the totally different information provided by
different chips, but I don't see any problem (in principal) with
providing CPU-dependent interface code.  There's currently a device
node for the i386, which could be re-used (though sysctl may be a
cleaner interface for reading performance counters).

Peter