Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 2000 23:10:59 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with buildworld

Gene Harris wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Sep 2000, Kent Stewart wrote:
>
> I did get the error message you described.  However when I started CVSUP
> again, after removing the links, cvsup promptly skipped over the soft update
> files instead of downloading them.  I just happened to catch it on the CVS
> window in X.  Now I have to figure out how to adjust my tags so the files will
> download.

With the demise of RSA's patent's there will be a lot of changes in at
least 4-stable. I have always used "src-all". A couple of months back
crypto was folded in to rest of the source.

> The only thing that still puzzles me greatly is that I am not using
> softupdates at the moment.

I think it is part of the system and you may not be using it but it is
there in case you do. Did you try building again after the cvsup or
was that when you got the message?

> Many Thanks for your Help!  I have been using, but not studying FreeBSD for so
> long that I have lost some of my skills.

A nice web feature is cvsweb. To look at the .../ffs/* files visit
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/ufs/ffs/

I bookmarked the top of the tree.

I didn't see any change about dropping the links on RELENG_3.

I gather from following cvs-all that you won't be the only one next
year :).

Kent

--
Kent Stewart