Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2000 22:02:51 -0400
From:      Toby Swanson <toby@milkyway.org>
To:        "'Michael Joyner'" <mjoyner@rv1.dynip.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: sendmail and relay-domains

You were right.  I recently changed my ISP, and therefore IP
address.  Changes to named.conf and reverse DNS entries solved
the problem.

sounds like your reverse dns lookup doesn't match
what is in your relay-domains.

do an nslookup on the IP# of the client
and see what domain (if any) it is showing up in.

Toby Swanson wrote:

> For some reason (probably because I changed something, I don't
> know what) sendmail will no longer forward messages from clients
> on the local network unless the destination internet domain is
> in /etc/mail/relay-domains.  Until now the only entry was
> milkyway.org.  The client gets a 550 error, relaying denied.
> I can send a message to anywhere from the server sendmail is
> running on.  It seems only the clients are affected.
>
> I'm running 3.3 on an Pentium II, 256Mb memory.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Toby

===
Unix is like a wigwam -- no Gates, no Windows, and an Apache inside.
===
---
Michael Joyner
Systems Administrator