Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2017 09:58:37 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>, Mel Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FLAVORS in quarterly branches

On 10/12/2017 01:04, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>> On 11 Oct, 2017, at 16:52, Mel Pilgrim <list_freebsd@bluerosetech.com> wrote:
>>
>> Will the FLAVORS feature be MFH'd to 2017Q4, or will it first show up with 2018Q1? I'm not going to flavor public ports just yet, but I have some local ports that would benefit from the feature.
>
> Categorically, if it lands in HEAD this quarter, it wouldn't appear in quarterly until 2018Q1. Major new features without the kinks ironed out is exactly what shouldn't get merged to quarterly.

AFAIK no flavor features can be committed to the official repo yet (a
commit hook will prevent the commit).

The feature is in for private testing.

My understanding is that commits with flavors will be allowed to head
starting in 2018, so the first quarterly with flavors in it should
happen for 2018Q2. But, being the feature in by 2018Q1 backported
updates may include flavors.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>