Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 1996 21:09:55 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dfr@nlsys.demon.co.uk (Doug Rabson)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, dfr@render.com
Subject:   Re: NFSv3 fixes for review

> I have just integrated some fixes to the NFSv3 code from Frank van der
> Linden (frank@fwi.uva.nl).  The first bug is the same one as the
> 'corrupt output from makesyscalls.sh on an nfsv3 mount' bug.  I have
> verified this one by testing on a loopback mount (which is all I can
> do from my home machine).  I have not tried to reproduce the second
> two problems but the fixes seem safe.
>
> While I was here, I also fixed the truncated 32bit minor numbers on
> nfsv3 mount bug.  I believe that Bruce originally suggested the fix
> for this?
>
> Could someone please review these changes (diffs included) so that I
> can commit them.

This fix seems to work right for me. I'm nervous about the use of the
timeval, mostly because I'm not sure that it is monotonically
increasing in the ntpd time synchronization case (and haven't
looked deep enough to verify that the reported time from the
microtime is not affected by adjustments.

Is there a seperate monotonically increasing clock, which is not
modified by time adjust?  I guess this would be a factor only on a
system with a relatively high drift rate (such that a reboot could
occur such that the delay did not exceed the drift, causing the XID
to go backward).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---