Date:      Mon, 6 Jun 2016 21:23:08 -0300
From:      Rafael Rodrigues Nakano <mseqs@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Virtualbox kernel module on 11-CURRENT

Hello,

I tried installing virtualbox from packages, building it from sources,
trying the GENERIC kernel but everytime I can't start the kernel module
'vboxdrv', it says:
"KLD vboxdrv.ko: depends on kernel - not available or version mismatch.
linker_load_file: Unsupported file type"

I'm using a custom kernel which I only turned off options for wireless and
old drives, but the module is not working even with GENERIC.

My sources in /usr/src are up-to-date and I tried building
virtualbox-ose-kmod from ports (maybe it could use my sources) but no
success. Is this a known problem?