Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 1995 14:50:59 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Adrian T. Filipi-Martin" <atf3r@server.cs.virginia.edu>
To:        Brian Litzinger <brian@mediacity.com>
Cc:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, dyson@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Total lookup under -CURRENT (me too)

On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, Brian Litzinger wrote:

> > Hello, hate to bear bad  news but I've got  two total lock-ups in the  last
> > two days, each one  during news expire. I suspect  the asynchronous flag as
> > news expire will stress the disk a lot.
> >
> > I don't have a dump as the system lock up without a panic. I'll add DDB and
> > see if there is any difference.
>
> Just thought I'd let you know I experience similar behavior.

	Same here.  The system responds to the keyboard, but you cannot
get a prompt.  This has happened during long compiles such as 'make
world'. :-(

	Adrian

adrian@virginia.edu                ---->>>>| Support your local programmer,
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~atf3r/   --->>>| STOP Software Patent Abuses NOW!
Member: The League for                 -->>| For an application and information
       Programming Freedom               ->| see: http://www.lpf.org/