Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2012 11:16:18 -0500
From:      Josh Paetzel <josh@tcbug.org>
To:        "freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org" <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Open-vm-tools

I just installed PC-BSD 9.1-RC2 and virtualbox 4.1.22. I then installed a vm=
 running FreeBSD 9.1-RC2. I installed the open-vm-tools from pkg.=20

The kernel modules wouldn't load at boot. Turns out the rc.d script runs a b=
inary called vmware-checkvm, which is supposed to return true if it's run in=
 a vm. It does not and so the rc.d script bails out before loading the kerne=
l modules.=20

Running vmware-checkvm gives "unknown version" as output.=20

I haven't tried other hypervisors, but it seems that on this platform at lea=
st it doesn't work properly.=20

Thanks,

Josh Paetzel=