Date:      Mon, 27 Dec 1999 10:25:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, alex@cichlids.com
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/textproc Makefile ports/textproc/se-ispell   Makefile ports/textproc/se-ispell/files md5         ports/textproc/se-ispell/patches patch-aa ports/textproc/se-ispell/pkg         COMMENT DESCR PLIST

[Added cc: to ports.  Removed cc: to committers]

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Bill Fumerola wrote:

# >   Log:
# >   Adding se-ispell version 1.2.1.
# >   A Swedish dictionary for ispell.
#
# I haven't looked at the specifics, but could this be done like the
# french and british dictionaries are done in ispell or are the changes
# too different?

There is even a PR (ports/14741) that combines all the dictionaries
into a single port.  The problem with this is that during package
building we only get one of the dictionaries built.  So all the others
never make it on the CDs pressed by Walnut Creek and company.

There was an attempt at providing 'batch' capabilities to building
packages that would allow a single port to build many packages but
I'm pretty sure that has gone away as it was causing many problems.

I personally don't mind having all the *-ispell ports around.  What
is "not right" about the current ports is all the duplication of
effort.  Working up something like the mule-common ports or even
the ja-ptex-pkfonts* ports would reduce this duplication and leave
little more than a Makefile in the satellite ports.

Alexander was the originator of aforementioned PR.  Maybe between
us, we can workup a solution that everyone is happy with? :)

-steve