Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 2003 06:14:47 +0100 (CET)
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?q?Pedro=20F.=20Giffuni?=" <giffunip@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WTC Payoff [11 september] (was Re: oh my god the nasa shuttle  blewup)

As someone that lives in a very violent country, and
that happened to be in the US during Sept.11 ...

Let me say Sept. 11 was really effective as an attack
to the US. Not because of the dead (which were not
that many compared to so many other tragic events in
the history of the world) or by the evident impact and
confusion in the american people, but rather due to
the extremely dumb behaviour from the US goverment.

Contrary to what average americans tend to think, the
International community:

1) Doesn't consider George Bush the "leader of the
free world".
2) Doesn't understand the concept of preemptive war.
3) Is aware that invading Irak will not make the world
more secure.
4) doesn't agree that the US economy is more important
than the Kyoto convention.
5) Doesn't appreciate US militaries being above the
international court of law.
6) Doesn't consider it cool for the US to unilateraly
break the long-range missiles treaty.
7) Doesn't understand the passiveness of treatment of
Israel's violations to international law.

In general, I think the causes for Sept. 11 are as
alive today as in Sept 11, but now the world, with a
possible exception of the UK, seems to dislike more
the US. Of course I'm not saying the causes would
justify the tragical events.

I doubt very much the Shuttle incident was related to
terrorism, what I do think, is that the US will have
to learn to live with terrorism just like everyone
else in the world has done, and that a big
sofisticated army will not solve the problem :(.

   Pedro.