Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:31:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Terry Brown <tthkbw@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   vmware fullscreen mode fails

I have Vmware2 port up and running and all works well.
 I have a win98 guest OS and it networks to the
external world (web, etc).  I have instlled the vmware
tools on the guest OS and can run resolutions other
than 640x480.

Problem is I can't run fullscreen mode, and without
it, the performance is unusable when I am running with
the guest OS connected to my work VPN--which is the
whole point.

Vmware complains, on initialization that "No DGA modes
found" and "Xfree 86 Direct Graphics (DGA extension)
initialization failed"

From the Xfree86 log:

is there and there don't appear to be any errors.

There is no reference to DGA in my XF86Config file.
Is there something I should put here to enable it?  Or
is the problem with modes?  If so, what modes to I
need to add?

Any help or suggestions??

Thanks,