Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 1995 00:06:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Lind <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Minor bumps with 2.0-950322-SNAP

First of all, congratulations to all on another fine SNAP!  Things
just keep getting better and better.

This was a clean install on a newly configured 486DX2/66,bt0,barracuda
2.15Gb lashup with a WD8013 as ed1.

After the first time I enter the full domain name, some sort
of error flashes on the F1 screen, but too quickly to see, after which
the question is repeated.  On answering the question again, things
appear to proceed correctly.  No errors are recorded on vt1(F2).

Then, after selected FTP load and setting the IP address, netmask, gateway,
and name server, and selecting bin, man pages, src, security, and XFree86,
it seems to start transferring, but examining screen vt1(F2) shows:
NcFTP: Could not get your passwd entry!  (9): Bad file descriptor

If you abort the installation process during FTP file transfer, the
displays on vt0 get pretty messed up.  I'd be more specific, but
I'm pretty sure that you'll see what I mean if you try it.

Also, I think that I was fighting with a bad 10baseT cable and ended
up switching to the BNC connector to do the install, but just for the
record, what are the appropriate other flags (if any) to use the UTP
connector on a WD8013EBT?  I checked the FAQ's, and INSTALL, README,
and RELNOTES, but didn't find this information.

Thanks again to you diligent folks working on this marvelous resource!

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417