Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 1997 16:15:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "J. Utz" <spaz@u.washington.edu>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   970714 configure.c the formatting is making me crazy!

Hi;

i am messing with configure.c in the 970714 sound snap because the 970718
version doesn't have a configure.c

the conditionals are full tab indents, which means that the lines in the
really important part are totally messed up in 80 columns in emacs! arghh!
is there some magic emacs command that fixes this stuff automatically?

I am trying to figure out why configure ( which asks questions about
configuring a maui card ) doesn't ever configure the dang thing ( atleast
as far as looking at local.h is concerned...

i noticed at line 494 there is an open curly brace just sitting there all
by itself, then, at line 501 there is a for loop with no open curly brace!

   printf("/*\tGenerated by configure. Don't edit!!!!\t*/\n");
   printf("/*\tMaking changes to this file is not as simple as it may
look.\t*/\n\n");

   {
    /*
     * Partial driver
     */

       full_driver = 0;

       for (i = 0; i <= OPT_LAST; i++)
	    if (can_select_option(i)) {

the formatting is making it impossible for me to figure out what is going
on, so i am going thru the whole thing and shorting up the indents by
hand, great way to explore code, but sort of irritating...

is that lonely curly brace supposed to be there?

tnx!

john

 John Utz	spaz@u.washington.edu
	idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life