Date:      Sat, 09 May 1998 10:09:45 +0800
From:      "J. C." <jason@webquest.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   connection to the network was lost

hello...I'm having problems with my FreeBSD ....I'm running version
2.2.2 on a dual ethernet machine with TIS toolkit....my ISA ehternet
card is connected to the internet while the other one, an on-board
ethernet is inside the firewall.  the on-board was detected as fxp0
<Intel EtherExpress Pro 10/100B Ethernet>, uses irq 10 on pci0:0..the
problem is...the on-board ethernet looses its connection to the network
a couple of times everyday....it can't ping the machines on its network
but it can ping itself.....to get it working again ....I have to reboot
it...is ther a permanent solution for this...thanks