Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 14:26:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Peter Losher <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Shockwave Flash plugin problems...

Hi

(Thanks to all that helped me with adding additional keys to my keyboard)

I have a new "irritation" - mainly with the Shockwave Flash plugin.  I run
FreeBSD workstations at home and at work (Both v3.4-STABLE), and I run the
Linux Netscape Navigator (v4.72 standalone).  I installed the Linux Flash
plugin at home around six months ago, and while I could view most plugins,
I kept having problems with some Flash movies where Netscape would say:

"A plugin for the MIME type application/octet-stream was not found"
-or-
"A plugin for the MIME type text/plain was not found"

(This also sometimes happens with the RealPlayer 7 plugin, where it will
ask for "A plugin for the MIME type audio/x-realplayer was not found")

Now, I just added the Shockwave Flash and RealPlayer 7 plugins on my
workstation at work, and I visit the same sites where I had those error
messages at home, and the movies (or streams) come thru just fine.  I have
checked the .netscape/plugin-list and ~/.mime-types and it still does it
at home.

Is there anything else I need to change here at home to get this to work?

Thanks - Peter

---
Peter Losher   				      <Peter.Losher@nominum.com>
Systems Admin. - Nominum, Inc.              PGP key available on request