Date:      Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:35:00 +0400
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Bruce M. Simpson" <bms@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        johan@nocrew.org, net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/95665: [if_tun] "ping: sendto: No buffer space available" with TUN interface (easily reproducable with test program)

  Bruce,

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 12:30:29PM +0100, Bruce M. Simpson wrote:
B> >You kept the PR in feedback state for 11 hours, and then you
B> >suspend the PR! Are you expecting our users to reply immediately?
B> >
B> The user responded saying they could not reproduce the problem further
B> as they no longer had a FreeBSD system installed.

Ohh, people again aren't adding neither bug-followup@ nor freebsd-gnats-submit@
to the Cc of their replies.

B> Despite my best
B> efforts I could not reproduce the problem with the test case given on
B> RELENG_6_1 and HEAD, as I documented in the PR.

The subject problem has been reported several times on the mailing
lists, and I've also observed it myself in the past. There is definitely
a bug that brings tun(4) to a state when nothing can be transmitted.

B> Apologies for any confusion caused.

No problem.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.