Date:      Sat, 31 Oct 1998 23:44:19 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Kareem ." <degenx83@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hi,

Kareem . wrote:

> I installed linux a while ago on my computer and it didn't install well
> and i had to format my computer. so will this also happen when i install
> Freebsd?

No, but you need to create some partitions for FreeBSD. A minimum of
two: one file, one swap. I'd recommend about 64MB of swap, and no less
than about 600MB for files. Your circumstances may widely vary of
course, depending on how much you use FreeBSD and what you use FreeBSD
for.

> Also I was wondering whether i can run freebsd and windows. My brother
> likes windows, and i hate it. so is there a way we can have both?

Certainly. (I'd recommend you "accidentally" trash your Windows
partition though :-) You can't run both at the same time, of course.

> And i also have another problem, my modem is a Winmodem, can i connect
> to the internet un freebsd with my winmodem?

No, __win__modem, never buy _any_ hardware with win in the name, despite
its name you will actually lose :-(

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk