Date:      Fri, 2 May 2003 12:04:26 -0400
From:      "Michael R. Wayne" <wayne@staff.msen.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound disappeared on Dell Inspirion 8100

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 08:57:16AM -0700, Mike Brown wrote:

> What do you use for a sound driver?  Through all version of FreeBSD I've
> tried on my Inspiron 8200, snd_ich has worked for me each time.  Just
> 'kldload snd_ich' or put snd_ich_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf.

Oops, sorry about that, I should have included that info:

/boot/loader.conf had
   # Load sound driver
   snd_maestro3_load="YES"

I tried putting
   snd_ich_load="YES"
into loader.conf, that was not the issue:
   cat /dev/sndstat
   FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
   Installed devices:
and several
   /dev/dsp: Device not configured
messages when I try to use it.  So snd_maestro3_load is likely correct.

/\/\ \/\/