Date:      Sun, 28 Dec 1997 14:49:21 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@tri-lakes.net>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD SCSI <freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Source of cheap NCR/SymBIOS PCI SCSI adapters?

On 28-Dec-97 Donald Burr wrote:
>I'd like to get a new PCI SCSI adapter.  I've heard good things about the
>NCR/SymBIOS ones, and would like to obtain one.  I don't have any Ultra or
>Wide devices, so I don't need an adapter with all the bells and whistles.
>(all I'll be driving is a CD-ROM and a Jaz drive)  Where's the cheapest I
>can get these (either a store or mail-order outfit), and how much should I
>expect to pay?  Please respond by email to <dburr@POBoxes.com>.  Thanks!

Go ahead and get the Ultra-Wide version anyway.  It'll just be a good excuse to
buy devices of that type in the future.  The Tekram DC-390F, NCR 53c875 based,
cost me $115 from 5-O'Clock Computers (www.5oclock.com) plus shipping.  I am
VERY happy with this controller, as it was very simple to set up (full in-BIOS
setup routines).

--- Chris Dillon
--- cdillon@tri-lakes.net