Date:      Tue, 28 Jan 2014 21:00:08 +0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jails on fib problem

On 1/28/14, 7:46 PM, Beeblebrox wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm trying to setup a pool of jails, with the gateway to the jails as a fib
> device.
what's a fib device? Do you mean each jail has a different default fib?
you are not using vimage jails?

>   All jails reside on cloned interface IP xxx.xxx.x.1/28 as gateway
> (fib 1).
so they all have the same address?? can you even do that? or you mean
that they all have the same
default route?
>   Jail IP's start from xxx.xxx.x.2/32. The fib seems to be limited to
> one jail only. That is, the first jail to grab the fib seems to keep control
> of it and traffic from other jails does not get routed to the public
> gateway.
multiple jails can use the same fib, but I think you are confused bout
what is going on.

> Do I need to be using one-fib-per-jail? Does each /32 jail require its own
> fib device?
fibs don't have devices.

I'm having a hard time working out what you are trying to do.