Date:      Tue, 23 Dec 1997 11:18:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: msdosfs win95 long file name support

On Tue, 23 Dec 1997, Dmitrij Tejblum wrote:

: On second thought... After 'touch AAAAA~1' and 'touch AA~99999' you will
: unable to create any long filename started with 'aa'. I am not sure if
: it is a Good Thing(TM).

Is anybody really going to create 100,000 files that start with the same
two letters in the same directory?  I thought that there were limits on
the number of files allowed in a directory that were lower than that.
(Terry?)

: (Also, my windows/system is not very large. It is only 1 cluster in
: length :)

I'm surprised it still works. :-)

K.S.