Date:      Thu, 02 May 1996 12:17:24 -0500
From:      Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra), nate@sri.MT.net, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Named and Reverse DNS lookups

So, like Joe Greco was saying to me just the other day:
> > Are you sure it doesn't work with those versions of BIND?  The posting
> > you quoted is included in the DNS FAQ from comp.protocols.tcp-ip.domains,
> > with a date of "Sun Nov 27 23:32:41 EST 1994".  Surely our version of
> > BIND in 2.1R (and probably 2.0.5) is newer than that.
>
> I had reason to play with it around the time 2.1R came out, I couldn't get
> it to work, and someone on either the BIND list or the domains newsgroup
> confirmed that the BIND in FreeBSD did not support it.
>
> I would be delighted to be proven wrong, of course, because we need things
> like this.

Att he risk of breaking Usenet Commandment #7, "Me-Too".
I've tried it at the same era, and wasn't able to get it to work,
and had to eventually back off to having my primary ISP do the
dirty deed for me instead.  Again, I'd gladly "Me-Too" to be wrong...

jdl