Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 08:19:20 +0700 (ALMST)
From:      Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>
To:        indrek siitan <tfr@cafe.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ncpmount

On 4 May 1999, indrek siitan wrote:

> has anyone been able to get the ncpmount libraries
> (by Boris Popov [bp@butya.kz]) and utilites working?

	Yes, I'm :). To be seriously, about seventy five peoples say
'thanks it worked' and this is about 1/3 from total number of downloads of
1.3b7 version.

> i've been trying to get that working on two 3.1-STABLE
> machines, one with 1 and the other with 2 processors.
> after getting the config finally right, ncplogin just
> displays a pile of garbage and hangs the whole machine.

	It is more than strange. First suspected option is the compiler
optimization level - I'm always use '-O' and nothing higher. Second, is a
kernel version - here is known problem with -stable older than 10.03 (not
precise). Our production server runs -stable kernel builded as of 23.04
and have no problems.

	Also be sure that versions of KLD and utilites are not mismatched
(next version will do this check automatically). If you use LKM please
note that it is no longer supported and not tested.

	If nothing helps, can you compile kernel with ddb and give me a
stack trace after crash (kernel config file and dmesg output will be
helpfull too) ?

--
Boris Popov
http://www.butya.kz/~bp/