Date:      Sat, 20 May 2000 22:34:01 -0400
From:      "Martin Gignac" <mgignac@cinar.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   perl5.00503 and SUID (scan4virus pkg with qmail)

Hi,

Don't know if this is appropriate for the list, but here goes:

Has anybody successfully installed the scan4virus package with qmail 1.03 on
a FreebSD 4.0 system?

I'm trying to run the setup script that comes with the scan4virus package
and I get the following error:

"Whoa there!

It appears the perl installed on your system does not support setuid
correctly.

I attempted to run a test setuid script as user "qmailq" - and it ran as
user
"root" instead!

As such you will not be able to use this program until that condition is
corrected.

See your Vendor/whatever for details..."

I know next to nothing about Perl, so I'm kinda stumped. I've searched
the -questions mailing list archive for messages about 'setuid' and 'perl',
but haven't turned up anything that I believe can help me. I've found the
program called 'suidperl', but since I can't find the manual page that goes
with it, I don't know what to make of it. Has anybody run into this problem?
If so, what did you do to fix it?

Thanks,
-Martin