Date:      Sat, 24 Nov 2001 11:01:04 +0800
From:      Najib Ninaba <najib_ninaba@yahoo.com>
To:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fail to install 4.4 on omnibook 500

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

Hello,

You might want to add in a couple of settings in the boot loader before
booting. Press the spacebar enter into the boot loader while it's counting
down to boot. Insert these two lines at the ok prompt:

set hw.pcic.intr_path=3D"1"
set hw.pcic.irq=3D"0"

And then type boot to resume the booting sequence. That should solve the
installation phase.

Regards,
Najib Ninaba

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 11:32:11PM +0100, Guido van Rooij wrote:
> I got an omnibook 500 today but it completely fails to install FreeBSD.
> I have it with a floppy drive. Booting from kern and mfsroot goes fine,
> but just after probing ad0, the system kind of hangs.
> I disabled all unnecessaryy devices and upgraded the BIOS.
>=20
> With 'kind of hangs' I mean that ctrl-alt-del does not work, and
> also scroll lock will not work (though the scrolllock led is turned on).
> Ctrl-alt-esc gives the No debugger in kernel message and that is about it.
>=20
> Does anyone recogize this? Anyone has other options?=20
>=20
> (I do not have a cd or dvd drive with it).
>=20
> -Guido
>=20

--=20
Najib Ninaba=20
"Life's unfair - but having the root password helps!"
--
PGP fingerprint
B338 7EC2 B737 3BAA 03B1  38C7 0832 B6CF 160F 496E

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ--