Date:      Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:21:40 +0800
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?=E9=9F=A1=E6=AD=A6_=E5=BC=B5?= <zhangweiwu@realss.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "device card" no longer being used?

=E9=9F=A1=E6=AD=A6 =E5=BC=B5 <zhangweiwu@realss.com> wrote:=20
>Hello. I feel a bit strange why the pcic device is commented out on
>FreeBSD
>5.2.1 GENERIC on my old thinkpad 380XD. This way my old IBM Creditcard
>Ethernet II on PCMCIA cannot be detected.

OMG. Now I realized the pcic drive in 5.2.1 does not work at all. Look the
4.9 pcic(4) everything is okay, on 5.0 pcic(4) there is one more line: =
"The
drive does not work at all."

Now can you figure out a way to downgrade my 5.2.1 to 4.9 smoothly? My
partiation is only one slice with 128MB swap and one partition inside the
slice with "/" mounted on. Perhaps I'll have to clear out the harddisk to
re-install, but that way I have 2GB of valuable data to backup, what do I
use for backup if without NIC? plip0 is only what I can think of, that way
I'll need 2GB/(45KBps*3600*24*365)=3D1.4 years to back up my data.

Oh what should I do! How I regret upgrading to 5.2.1. Why not people keep
the old 4.x pcic drive when the new one is not working:( Sign.