Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2001 17:04:06 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marcelo Carvalho <carvalho@soe.ucsc.edu>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Adding new files to netinet

	Hi,

	I'm currently trying to modify some files and add others in the
/usr/src/sys/netinet directory. I'm following the procedures of kernel
compilation but, apparently, the files I've added don't seem to have
compiled. How do I know that they have been compiled successfuly and what
else should I do apart from the sequence "config/make depend/make/make
install/reboot"?

	Do I have to change any specific makefile? Where?

	I'm new to all this stuff. I would really appreciate if someone
could give me some guidance here.

	Thanks,

--
	Marcelo