Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:34:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        posonsky@braz.ru (Stanislav Posonsky)
Cc:        freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help to run OCI FreeBSD program

It seems Stanislav Posonsky wrote:
>     Hi!
>     I'd installed Oracle8 for Linux and made a very simple OCI program
> (olog -> oopen -> sleep(2) -> oclose -> ologof) as a test under FreeBSD
> 3.0.0-SNAP-19981225. But it does not run. This is like following (as I
> remember):

You will have to use an account that uses a Linux shell, and that
has the PATH set to use linux development utils instead of
FreeBSD ones, ie PATH=/compat/linux/bin:/compat/linux/usr/bin.

You have to compile the entire program is if it where on a
linux box.

When you run Oracle, FreeBSD is reduced to a better Linux kernel,
everything else has to be Linux bins/libs/includes....

-Søren