Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 1999 20:26:12 -0500
From:      Stephen Derdau <sderdau@ne.mediaone.net>
To:        W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        Peter Snoek <Peter@ur.nl>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD or Linux?

I run both and I'm more familiar with FreeBSD.
Maybe that is why I tend to like it more.
However RedHat Linux seems to be pretty good.

As for support I haven't found anything
better than FreeBSD-questions@freeBSD.org.

Also the search site on mailing archives is very good as well.

Just heard today that Solaris or sun has an X86 version of their
OS.  Wen't to a computer show today looking for a cheap hd . Didn't find
one.
O well maybe next week.

Anyway
check out http://www.fsf.org  there is something cooking over there
also.

By all

W Gerald Hicks wrote:

> > Hi there
>
> Hi!
>
> > currently I am gathering info on both FreeBSD and Linux.
>
> Just do it!  Either one...  You'll be better off in either
> case than using Microsoft products.
>
> > Can you give me any advantaged of FreeBSD compared to linux?
>
> The penguin mascot sucks.  The FreeBSD daemon isn't a drunk
> and seems much more "hip" to me.  I heard he is a notorious
> stoner though.
>
> Oh, I forgot, Tux (the penguin) joined Alcoholics Anonymous
> a couple of years ago.  That's why you don't see him drinking
> in public anymore.  In years past, he had a mug of beer
> everytime you saw him.
>
> Of course reports have been circulating that ever since he
> moved to the United States he started backsliding and fre-
> quently binges in private.
>
> > Are there any disadvantages?
>
> The constant barrage of questions about whether FreeBSD is
> "better" than Linux.
>
> :-)
>
> Jerry Hicks
> wghicks@bellsouth.net

http://www.freebsd.org  Great OS & Support
http://www.fsf.org seems to be where it all started ?
I'm Currently running:
FreeBSD 2.2.7-STABLE #0: Tue Oct 27 17:49:33 EST 1998