Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:29:08 +0200
From:      Willie Viljoen <will@unfoldings.net>
To:        Miguel =?iso-8859-1?q?Gon=E7alves?= <miguelg@fe.up.pt>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Vinum in FreeBSD 4.x branch

On Thursday 17 April 2003 11:45, someone, possibly Miguel Gon=E7alves, type=
d:
> I just want to know how is the stability and robustness of
> Vinum in the 4.x branch.

It's been working just fine for me for over a year now. Stay away from 5.0=
=20
for the moment, it's still "semi-production", but the vinum in 4.x will do=
=20
nicely.=20

If your system will have many local users, it might be prodent not to=20
compile in VFS_AIO when building your kernel. Not compiling it is the=20
default, but it does help with performance. It is however, not safe where a=
=20
system has untrusted local users.

Will

=2D-=20