Date:      Wed, 25 Jan 1995 16:03:20 +0100
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   elm under 2.x-current

Anyone using the elm-2.4 from ports? I installed it on a snap-950120 system
and elm seems to have problems with /var/mail.

I wanted to peek into freefall or thud to look at the permissions
of /usr/local/bin/elm and /var/mail but the Internet links were so terribly
slow today that I gave up.

When there is a file /var/mail/user elm waits in a lock loop waiting
for access to the file and gives up after 7 tries. I don't know whether
this is due to the file locking method I chose during elm configuration
(flock) and this may have been wrong or what the issue is here.

I'll give it another try without file locking (or another method) now.

--Chris  Christoph P. U. Kukulies    kuku@gil.physik.rwth-aachen.de
FreeBSD blues 2.1.0-Development FreeBSD 2.1.0-Development #1:
Wed Jan 18 10:42:31  1995     kuku@blues:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUES  i386