Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2012 17:14:24 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with pkgng

I am attempting to migrate a test box to pkgng, and have run into
difficulty:

When I run the pkg2ng script, it fails to register postgreql-jdbc because
one if its files, namely /usr/local/share/doc/postgresql/README-client,
is also installed by postgresql-client-9.2.1.

In this, pkgng is perfectly correct, but how do I work around the issue?
My assumption is that I will need to use pkg register with a hacked plist
file from which the offending entry has been removed. Can anyone shed
light on how to achieve this? I'm afraid I'm rather a novice at present.