Date:      Sun, 15 Jan 2012 19:34:21 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@freebsd.org>
To:        Jan Mikkelsen <janm-freebsd-hackers@transactionware.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware supported by ng_frame_relay?

On 1/13/12 11:00 PM, Jan Mikkelsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to upgrade a system running frame relay over a Sangoma A101 card and WANPIPE.
>
> Sangoma do not support FreeBSD anymore, so I'm looking for alternatives.
>
> What hardware does ng_frame_relay support now that ar(4) and sr(4) are not in FreeBSD 9?
>
> Specifically, will ng_frame_relay work with a Digium TE121 and ports/dahdi-kmod?
>
> Any suggestions welcome, G.703, X.21 or V.35 interfaces OK.

Unfortunately, with the advent of Ethernet connected internet feeds
(e.g. dsl, cable etc),
plain synchronous interfaces have become almost irrelevant for most of
the developers.
If you can find a card that "would have" been usable with  the ar or sr
drivers and you have one for testing, we could possibly resurrect it
with your help,
but none of the current developers have such a card.. (that I know of).