Date:      Tue, 19 May 2009 22:00:08 +0300
From:      Esa Karkkainen <ejk@iki.fi>
To:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kdb and mouse are disabled on HP Pavilion dv5210us by X.org 7.4.1 (7.2-R)

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 11:35:40AM +0000, Saifi Khan wrote:
> On Mon, 18 May 2009, Jin Guojun[VFF] wrote:
> > Similar to the typing. Typing a command will not show on the Xterm still mouse
> > is moved. About less than 5%
> > of time, I can type and see the output right way. Without dbus and hald
> > running, there is no such problem.
> >
> > Has anyone encountered the same problem?
> Yes, i've encountered the same symptom on both my servers:
>  . Intel P4 + ATI Radeon
>  . AMD64X2  + nVidia

Me too. I experienced the same when running 7.1-R on ThinkPad W500,
VMWare Workstation 6.5.X for Windows combo.

The X screen update slowness was eliminated when I returned to
"traditional" X config.

--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."