Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 2000 15:59:16 -0500
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@asme.org>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Merger Announcement

The announcement, of course rocks! Congratulations to the WC/BSDI people
for such a brilliant idea.

It is too early to think of these things, but I (and surely many other
BSD fans) am hoping that after BSDI merge their code, NetBSD and OpenBSD
join (code and teams) with FreeBSD. Both NetBSD and OpenBSD are great
operating systems, their code would complement very well the existing
codebase and together we could focus better on even more interesting
features.

Some years ago this was unthinkable, today we are very near; I hope we
don't lose this opportunity because of our selfishness. Sure, deciding
what goes in a unified BSD system is a difficult task, especially when
people have worked for decades on certain projects, but we have much to
gain in this effort. So many brilliant hackers together, surely it would
be the envy of any organization !

Pedro.