Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:51:57 -0500
From:      "Scott T. Hildreth" <shildret@fbsd1.dyndns.org>
To:        Marcin Cieslak <saper@SYSTEM.PL>
Cc:        Emulation FreeBSD <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Linux kernel Emulation Patches & Oracle XE

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 08:12 -0500, Scott T. Hildreth wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 04:38 +0200, Marcin Cieslak wrote:
> > Yes, three patches mentioned on the original Russian website are (in
> > improved form) already commited and merged from -current.
> >
> > If you want to use listener to connect to the database, you may need to
> > apply experimental patch from
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=102956
> > in order to shutdown and status listener correctly ("lsnrctl status" and
> > "lsnrctl stop" commands).
> >
> > Another known problem: you can't return to SQL*Plus after issuing "edit"
> > command to use external editor. No fix is known at the time.
>
> I wonder if this is a XE issue or would it work with 9.2 or is it a new
> linux_base issue?

 As a experiment, I got 9.2 up and running on my server here at home.

   ** 6.1-STABLE FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE #2: Mon Sep  4 12:29:35 CDT 2006
      linux_base-fc-4_8

 I ran sqlplus, ran a query and editied it and re-ran the query from
 the sqlplus command line.  So this does appear to be a XE issue.

--
Scott T. Hildreth <shildret@fbsd1.dyndns.org>