Date:      23 May 2002 13:16:58 +0200
From:      Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
To:        Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org>
Cc:        audit@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: %j for printf(9)

Dima Dorfman <dima@trit.org> writes:
> I would also like to solicit comments on what to do with %z; C99 says
> this is the length modifier for size_t, but the kernel treats it as
> signed hex.  This patch implements the C99 length modifier as %Z, but
> that probably shouldn't stay.  IIRC, I couldn't find any place in the
> kernel that we actually use %z; can it perhaps be removed?

des@des ~% egrep -r '%[^\" dious]+z' /sec/freebsd/current/src/sys
/sec/freebsd/current/src/sys/ddb/db_examine.c:                          db_printf("%-*lz", width, (long)value);
/sec/freebsd/current/src/sys/ddb/db_examine.c:          db_printf("%8lz", (long)addr);

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des@ofug.org