Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 1999 19:35:04 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.5 doesn't run on 3.1-RELEASE.

Thomas David Rivers writes:

>    I'm doing a fresh install on several machines today, and I'm
>    up to the point of getting Netscape 4.5 running again.

I dunno, it works for me. I installed/upgraded XFree86 from the ports
rather than from binaries.

But then I ditched netscape45-communicator.us when I found the
preferences settings for Java and Javascript do not disable Java on the
next launch of netscape altho the Preferences menu shows them disabled.
One has to enable Java*, close the window, open it again, disable them,
then close the window again before Java is off. But only during that
session.