Date:      Tue, 04 May 1999 21:37:59 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Jorge Aldana <jorge@salk.edu>, Mike Uttech <mike@negativezero.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.1 remote reboot exploit (fwd)

We had kernel panics resulting in spontaneous reboots in 2.2.7
when we removed the ATAPI_STATIC option. The swap partition was
on an IDE drive, so we figured that the problem was VM-related.
I sent information to a few lists sometime back, but I don't know
if any of the core team members ever followed up. We haven't dared
to remove that option since.

--Brett