Date:      Sat, 13 May 2000 17:39:33 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
To:        William Freeman <wdf@picusnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 5.0 already?

On 5/13/00, 1:42:21 PM, William Freeman <wdf@picusnet.com> wrote=20
regarding Re: 5.0 already?:

> I don't know what kind of crack that guy is smoking, but there is
> nothing at all conservative about Linux or GNU in general.  Even if we=

> forget about all the communist ideology behind the GPL, they'll still
> take a patch from just about anyone unless it total sucks.  The only
> reason that it looks like FreeBSD is moving so fast, as opposed to=20
say,
> RedHat, is because FreeBSD is controlled by one group, as opposed to
> scavenging everything rom thousands of different people.  Linux its=20
self
> is just an operating system kernel and can do nothing useful on it's
> own.
> Plus, do you think it's coincidence that Richard Stallmans name sounds=

> so much like Joseph Stalin?

> --
> William D. Freeman (wfreeman@picusnet.com)
> http://memebers.xoom.com/EvilGNU

Dear D. Freeman,

Would you define *scientific* research as "communist" ?=20

After all, apart from specific military constraints (especially on=20
**technologies**), science is normally, as it were, "Open Source".

By the way, if it weren't, our "civilization" would not be=20
significantly different from that of <VERY OPTIMISTIC EVALUATION>the=20
XVII century.</VERY OPTIMISTIC EVALUATION>

Please note: science !=3D technology.

Incidentally, the Latin root of the word "science" and the main Greek=20
root of  the word "technology" have different meanings.=20

Best regards,
Salvo