Date:      Thu, 19 May 2005 09:52:44 +0200
From:      "Adri Koppes" <adrik@salesmanager.nl>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD 5.4R fails to run i386 binaries. Missing ld-elf32.so.1

David,

Thanks for your confirmation. Hopefully the will come as a seperate =
package later.
I have since done a make buildworld and make installworld. These produce =
the RTLD and shared libs in /usr/lib32.
FreeBSD 5.x i386 binaries run now, static and dynamic linked FreeBSD 4.x =
i386 binaries also seem to run, when I copy the FreeBSD 4.x shared libs =
from another 4.10 system.
FreeBSD 3.x i386 binaries always dump core (bad system call)! I didn't =
see the compat3x and compat4x options available in /stand/sysinstall nor =
could I make the packages in /usr/ports.
Currently I have a requirement to be able to run FreeBSD 3.x shared i386 =
binaries, since Sophos Antivirus only ships these! :((
Is it possible to run older FreeBSD 3.x style i386 binaries on 5.4 =
amd64?

Adri.