Date:      Thu, 08 Aug 2002 11:46:44 -0500
From:      Oscar Ricardo Silva <oscars@mail.utexas.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   bootloaders, dual booting freebsd and linux

Sort of related to the questions about sharing a filesystem between freebsd
and linux.  I'm about to do the same thing, have a machine that dual boots
but I want to run a personal web server and have it sharing out the same
content no matter which OS is running.  And this is just a personal
machine, I have no experience with NFS nor do I have any machines doing NFS
mounts.  From what I've been reading I'll go with ext2 on the shared
filesystem.

Now to my question.  It's been suggested that I let booteasy (that is the
freebsd bootloader right?) do the juggling instead of something like lilo
or grub.  Is that right?  What are the reasons for this?  Does lilo have
problems booting FreeBSD?

Any information would be appreciated.

Oscar