From:      Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   simply not understanding the qmail/fastforward documentation

I was asking about this early this morning and it ended up I was simply
not paying attention.  I have a feeling this is the EXACT same case.
This is what my eyes in in the fastforward documentation about aliases
with qmail:

--- Configuring qmail to use /etc/aliases

To activate /etc/aliases, put this line into ~alias/.qmail-default:

        | fastforward -d /etc/aliases.cdb

If qmail is already running, make sure to chmod +t ~alias before you
edit .qmail files in ~alias, and chmod -t ~alias after.

where is this ~alias folder?  It is my understanding that aliasing, or
at least the /etc/aliases.cdb should be processed before the mail ever
gets to a single user.  It simply does not make sense to me that each
user would have to have this .qmail-default file in his/her home
directory.  Could someone enlighten me?
--
Sam Carleton
Please stop by http://www.maineville.net and