Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 16:41:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        Jaime Kikpole <jaime@malkav.snowmoon.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to report bugs in ports?

On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Jaime Kikpole wrote:

> 	I've found a number of errors in different ports lately and was
> wondering what the best method for reporting them was.  Can anyone give me
> a pointer on this?  Specifically, I've found the following bugs and
> configuration issues.

The proper way to report bugs for ports is:
- send in a bug report using send-pr (and a fix if you have one)
- email the ports maintainer (see the MAINTAINER line in the port's
Makefile) with details (and a fix if you have one)

You should also consider subscribing to the freebsd-ports mailing list, as
it contains lots of discussions relating to ports (bugs, fixes, and cvs
updates to ports themselves) which would be helpful in your situation.

Hope this helps!

--
Matthew Emmerton
GSI Computer Services