Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:05:14 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Eric M. Johnston" <ejohnst@green.mail.postal.net>
To:        Francis Vidal <francis@cody.usls.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: can't telnet to linux host

Linux may be rejecting your term type of cons25.  Try either setenv TERM
vt100 or telnet from an xterm.  Another alternative is just to use rlogin,
which doesn't seem to have the strict limitations on term that telnet
does.

One other thing you might want to do is add cons25 to your Linux termcap.
On my RedHat system, I think I just added cons25 as another name for
scoansi and it seemed to work OK.  This doesn't fix the telnet problem,
but makes the terminal much nicer if you're rlogging in.

Eric