Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 10:52:26 +0200
From:      Stephan van Beerschoten <stephanb@whacky.net>
To:        Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usr.sbin/pim6[sd]d will be removed soon.

Here's a quick question that just popped into my mind. I cvsup my -stable and my -current box every night and every once in a while I install a new world.

What happens with a (previously installed) /usr/sbin/pim6[sd]d ? Will 'make (install)world' remove it ?
 If not, what system is in place (if any) to accomplish this in order to get a really clean system ?

Mm.. I feel VERY newbie-like by asking this, because I use FBSD over 3 years now, but I hope someone will help me out with an answer on this.

With regards,
 Stephan van Beerschoten

On Sun, 03 Jun 2001, Hajimu UMEMOTO wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I heared from itojun that usr.sbin/pim6[sd]d has non-BSD license and
> does not allow fee-based redistribution.  So, I will remove them from
> the tree soon.  NetBSD was already done.
> Could someone please make them ports?  ftp.kame.net:~ftp/pub/kame/misc
> has pim6[sd]-*.tar.gz.
>
> --
> Hajimu UMEMOTO @ Internet Mutual Aid Society Yokohama, Japan
> ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
> http://www.imasy.org/~ume/

Stephan van Beerschoten [SVB21-RIPE]       stephanb@whacky.net
  PGP fingerprint:  4557 9761 B212 FB4C  778D 3529 C42A 2D27
     "To err is human, to forgive is Not Company Policy"