Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:46:13 +0200
From:      Karel Joop Bosschaart <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.1

On Fri, Oct 08, 1999 at 03:24:40PM +0000, Joseph Scott wrote:

> 	Check out :
>
> http://www.serv.net/~mcglk/staroffice-install.html
>
> 	On my 3.3 system following the above I was able to get through the
> install ( with the /net option ).  However I ran into the infinite setup
> problem.  Even after I've successfully run the install, everytime I try
> and run it the install comes up again.  This happens if I run it as a
> normal user or as root.

Quite some time ago I installed StarOffice 5.1 with the instructions
which are now in http://lt.tar.com/oldindex.html, and I came around
the infinite setup problem by putting a file called '.sversionrc'
in my home directory with following contents:

[Versions]
StarOffice 5.1=/home/karelj/Office51

where /home/karelj/Office51 is the SO base directory. I don't know
if this trick will do for the /net install... however I still had
the problem with the plugin manager that could not be loaded.

Regards and good luck,

Karel.