Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 1996 19:03:29 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        Tony Kimball <alk@think.com>
Cc:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SYN Resisting (fwd)

Tony Kimball wrote in message ID
<199609130334.WAA25622@compound.Think.COM>:
> Hah, I've seen MCI drop 66% at WillowSprings for hours at a time,
> and Sprint drop 50% at MAE-East for similarly protracted times.
> It's like tin-cans on yo-yo strings out there.

According to something I heard last night that should be changing (for
MCI at least). WestOrange.mci.net lost connectivity to
Washington.mci.net for a long time yesterday, and when an enquiry was
made to the MCI NOC, it seems that it was due to a change-over to OC12
between the two locations, and route flapping and general instability
seemed to result for some reason.

So all we need now are NAP's that run at (at least) OC3 speeds ... :-(

Gary